Thursday, July 1, 2010

No Libs Hot Dog Cart... Part 1

The hot dog cart floating around Northern Liberties has become my own personal Moby Dick. I've tried to go and it constantly eludes me (Cathy too). So of course I was surly when Adam appeared one Saturday night, half eaten hot dog in hand from the No Libs hot dog cart. How could he so casually live out my dream (and not even bother to pick me up one? I mean seriously dude, come on). He was working his way through a Mac and Cheese Dog and was raving about it, something about the bun to hot dog placement (a good thing). I took a bite. It tasted like vomit. Adam maintains I just don't like lots of Parmesan cheese (kind of true), but I don't remember Parmesan cheese straight up tasting like puke. But that's just me. I'll totally go and give it a legitimate try if I can ever find the damn thing. But for now, I will post this unappealing hot dog cell phone photo.

2 comments:

  1. Dapper Dog is tough to catch! I went up there on a wednesday lunchtime and they weren't out (electrical problems according to their Twitter).

    Hope they stick around, Philly needs more late night hot dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found them across from Standard Tap one night -- Enjoyed the shit out of his take on the coney.

    Found you guys at work today, thought you might appreciate another Philly-based food blog I contribute to: pizzaprospects.net

    ReplyDelete