Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Le hot dog

I had been toying with the idea for a while of combining two loves in my life: hot dogs and France. Last night, I finally lived the dream.



Ingredients:
-hot dogs
-a baguette
-shredded gruyere cheese
-chopped cornichons
-chopped raw onions
-extra strong dijon mustard

Slice baguette and place it on a baking sheet. Sprinkle the gruyere liberally over the baguette. Stick the tray in the oven on the top rack and let the cheese melt. Cook hot dogs to your liking. Once the dogs are cooked and the cheese has melted, combine all ingredients on baguette. Mangez!


The hot dogs were a crowd pleaser (and by crowd I mean Mikey and me). Not to toot my own horn, but they made me feel like I was in Paris again and Mikey thought the flavors blended perfectly. Delicieux!


No comments:

Post a Comment